Thursday, June 9, 2011

Heartsy

Well I haven't made a post in a while because we have been getting ready for a Heartsy feature.  We are scheduled for 6/13/11 and I can't wait!  To get ready we kind of upped our anti and made additional soaps as well as a few new ones :) Be on the look out for them!  Here are just a few steps that we are doing to prepare ahead of time:

1.  Created a spreadsheet to keep track of each voucher.  Using Google Docs so that I can update from anywhere as it goes.
2.  Creating a filing system so that I know where each order stands.  Pulled, Paid Ready to Ship, Shipped. *May change as we will have to see how this all unfolds :)
3.  We stamp each of our packages with our logo stamp so we are going to do what we can to get ahead of all the extras we do for shipments like stamp a good bit of our shipping boxes/mailers etc.  We also wrap our bar soaps in kraft paper with ribbon as well as wrap our jars of whipped soaps and scrubs with tissue paper and ribbon.  Then we apply our wax seal.  I haven't figured on how to get ahead of that. Any suggestions I'm all ears :)
4.  Have product ready to go.  We stocked up on our best sellers and do have the ability to quickly make more if needed.  (One reason why I love making Melt & Pour)
5.  Prepare all announcements by having them in a Word document so that all I need to do when time is copy and paste into my shop announcement. 
6.  Work out a system to the madness of the rush of orders (I hope to have a rush LOL).

That is about all I can think of to save some time and get organized.  Will let you know how it goes.  Our offer is $8 for $17 and $27 for VIPs.  All I can say is if you are thinking about a Heartsy deal do the math over and over and over again.  Work what if's out and see what it does to the bottom line.  I had a pretty neat spreadsheet that I used to work out my numbers to see how different price points would change my bottom line.  Anyway will be back this weekend I hope to let you know how things are progressing. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'd love to follow back. Best of luck on your etsy shop, it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete